Submissions are now closed for our 2021 Anthology Sweet Delights
Submissions for our 2021 romance fiction anthology Sweet Delights are now open and will close 30th September 2020. The reading period will be from October 1st to January 10th, 2021. After this, each author will be contacted regardless of whether or not their piece has been shortlisted for publication.
Our 2021 anthology will have a theme of sweets and desserts. One of these must feature in your story. All stories should be set somewhere in Australia or have a strong link to Australia and have either a HFN or HEA ending.
If you have further questions, please email
· Word limit is 2,500 – 4,000 words.
· We will not be accepting erotica, paranormal, non-fiction or poetry for this anthology.
Please ensure you read the anthology brief carefully before preparing your submission.
After you have followed the formatting guidelines below, please submit to
· Double line spacing
· Page numbers centre of footer
· 12 pt Times New Roman or Garamond font
· Double quotation marks
· 2.5cm margins
· 1cm indent for first line of a new paragraph, no additional lines between paragraphs
· Name, title of document, email in header
· Doc or Docx format
· We do not accept first drafts. Please ensure your piece is as polished and edited as possible.
· We may accept work that has been previously published on your blog (but no other avenue). If accepted, acknowledgement of the original source will be given.
· Include a 100-word Author bio with your submission
· Email subject: SWEET DELIGHTS SUBMISSION
· Submission does not guarantee publication. Shortlisting and selection will take place over a couple of months. Successful pieces will be edited where necessary.
· Submissions that do not meet the guidelines will not be accepted. Please check the formatting details carefully.
· Gumnut Press will not provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
· We are unable to provide upfront payment for submissions. Sixty-five per cent of royalties (after distribution and costs) will be divided between authors equally. Payments are made half yearly in January and July. The anthology will be published in ebook and print copies only, for a length of two years after which the rights will revert back to each author.
Paw Prints of Love
Pre-order your copy now over at the Gumnut Press shop
Release date - 29th April 2020
Love can call on us in the most unusual places. In this fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay, love is on the horizon and the one place you’re sure to run into the unexpected is The Funny Bone, Dee Chambers’ dog grooming salon.
A solo-dad comes to Stonecrest Bay to start a new life with his young son. A four-legged pastry loving friend causes havoc in more ways than one. A house-sitter finds herself in a hair-raising chocolaty situation. A man bent on finding a replacement farm dog finds more than he planned at the town fair. A new resident arrives with hidden secrets. A woman gets more than she bargained for when she comes face to face with her ex. Business tycoon stops over, weary from the corporate world. And a pro surfer finds unexpected romance.
Readers will be swept up in these stories of—young love blossoming, heartache and healing, old lost loves rekindled, of new hearts connecting in Stonecrest Bay where the unpredicted could stroll around the next corner. There’s a story for everyone in this light-hearted collection of romance stories that reminds us it’s all for the love of dogs.
Enjoy this collection from ten different Australian authors. This set contains ten romances set in the fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay.