2024 Anthology Call - Summer Lovin'
Submissions for our 2024 romance fiction anthology Summer Lovin’ are now open and will close 15th March 2024. The reading period will be from 16th March to 30th June, 2024. After this, each author will be contacted regardless of whether or not their piece has been shortlisted for publication.
Our 2024 anthology will have a theme of sun, sand and surf. One of these must feature in your story. Stories can be set anywhere in the world and must have either a HFN or HEA ending. NOTE: There will only be one story published per country/location.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Word limit is 2,500 – 4,000 words.
· We will not be accepting erotica, paranormal, non-fiction or poetry for this anthology.
Please ensure you read the anthology brief carefully before preparing your submission.
NOTE: We will no longer be accepting stories that do not follow the Gumnut Press formatting guidelines below.
· Double line spacing
· Page numbers centre of footer
· 12 pt Garamond
· Double quotation marks
· 2.5cm margins
· 0.3cm paragraph indent, no line between paragraphs
· Name, title of document, email in header
· Doc or Docx format
· We do not accept first drafts. Please ensure your piece is as polished and edited as possible.
· We may accept work that has been previously published on your blog (but no other avenue). If accepted, acknowledgement of the original source will be given.
· Include a 100-word brief synopsis of your story.
· Include an Author bio with your submission (200 words max)
· Email subject: SUMMER LOVIN’ SUBMISSION
After you have followed the formatting guidelines above, please submit to email@example.com
· Submission does not guarantee publication. Shortlisting and selection will take place over a couple of months. Successful pieces will be edited where necessary.
· Submissions that do not meet the guidelines will not be accepted. Please check the formatting details carefully.
· Gumnut Press will not provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
· We are unable to provide upfront payment for submissions. Fifty per cent of royalties (after distribution and costs) will be divided between authors equally. Payments are made yearly from month of publication.
· Publication contract is for ebook and print for two years from publication date.
Previous Gumnut Press Anthologies
Sweet Delights offers the reader fourteen amazing romance stories full of love, blossoming romance, yummy treats, and the odd challenge or two. You’ll find stories about weddings, café’s, cooking classes, bake sales, family reunions and lost loves reunited. Lose yourself in the many stories and fall in love with the characters, their lives, their loves and of course, their sweet delights.
A Lesson in Love by P.L. Harris
Cinnamon Buns and Blind Dates by Fionna Cosgrove
The Bake Sale Reunion by Belle Griffin
Lemon Snippets by Helen Walton
Plus One by Alyce Caswell
Sunflower Love by Frances Dall’Alba
Falling by Jan Prior
Count Me In by Sioban Timmer
Sweet Ginger by Mickey Martin
Tourist Attractions by Valerie Latimour
Rose’s Path by Lauren Loos
Passionberry Dreams by D.D. Line
Welcome Home, Jemma Harlow by Mandy May
Give Us this Day by Jenny Lynch
Enjoy this collection from fourteen different Australian authors. This anthology showcases many beautiful locations scattered throughout this stunning country of Australia. From the charming South West region of Western Australia to the rolling hills of the Hunter Valley. Picturesque Inglewood, Victoria to Daly Waters in the Northern Territory. So many wonderful journeys, all in one book.
Paw Prints of Love
Love can call on us in the most unusual places. In this fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay, love is on the horizon and the one place you’re sure to run into the unexpected is The Funny Bone, Dee Chambers’ dog grooming salon.
A solo-dad comes to Stonecrest Bay to start a new life with his young son. A four-legged pastry loving friend causes havoc in more ways than one. A house-sitter finds herself in a hair-raising chocolaty situation. A man bent on finding a replacement farm dog finds more than he planned at the town fair. A new resident arrives with hidden secrets. A woman gets more than she bargained for when she comes face to face with her ex. Business tycoon stops over, weary from the corporate world. And a pro surfer finds unexpected romance.
Readers will be swept up in these stories of—young love blossoming, heartache and healing, old lost loves rekindled, of new hearts connecting in Stonecrest Bay where the unpredicted could stroll around the next corner. There’s a story for everyone in this light-hearted collection of romance stories that reminds us it’s all for the love of dogs.
Enjoy this collection from ten different Australian authors. This set contains ten romances set in the fictional seaside town of Stonecrest Bay.